I was wondering why fedora has choosen yum over apt-get

Eric Hattemer hattenator at imapmail.org
Wed Feb 11 00:43:47 UTC 2004

Make sure you're comparing similar mirrors.  The apt that I got defaults
to download.fedora.us, which I can get ~100K/s from.  However, yum
defaults to redhat.com, from which I get about 500B/s.  I changed yum to
use mirrors.kernel.org and I get close to 200K/s.  Then the header files
downloaded within a minute or so (if I remember).  Yum doesn't report
connection speed by default, though, and I haven't looked into whether
it can.

-Eric Hattemer