FC2 Test 1 - rescheduled

Justin M. Forbes 64bit_fedora at comcast.net
Wed Feb 11 15:50:05 UTC 2004

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 04:38:55PM +0100, Lorenzo Luconi Trombacchi wrote:

> A new kernel will be released with this unofficial version?  The last
> kernels released have a Kernel Panic problem (I wrote
> an email some days ago with the kernel panic message). I tested the last
> kernels on Athlon64 with Asus K8V
> mainboard and on APPRO Dual Opteron and I always got  a Kernel Panic
> message. At present Athlon64 is working fine with
> 2.6.1-1.47.

Yes, a newer kernel revision will be included, and it does boot on AMD64.

> A Fedora Core 2 for AMD64 roadmap exists?

Not officially a seperate roadmap since after test1 for FC2, the AMD64
roadmap should be the i386 roadmap.  It should have begun with test1, but
as Dave said, there were other issues, and it got bumped. With the devel
tree being used for updates, once the unofficial test1 is released, we
should remain in sync with i386 from that point forward.

Thanks,
Justin