XFree86 @devel vs @updates

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Sat Feb 14 06:34:54 UTC 2004

Chris Adams wrote:
> Once upon a time, Mike A. Harris <mharris at redhat.com> said:
>
>>devel	- whatever random number of the day/week/month I decide
>>          to use in order to confuse people.  It might even go
>>          backwards, or use irrational numbers.
>

> Does Jeff Johnson know you use irrational numbers for releases? :-)
>
> Just make sure they stay real!

I am extremely upset that they stole my idea of incrementing Epoch by pi
for each release, and instead implemented complex numbers in rpmvercmp
in the upcoming FC2 test2.  There is absolutely no way we will win the
marketshare battle without trigonometric version metrics.

Also watch for the kernel-space C++ floating point math accelerator
module currently proposed for test3.  I am hoping that can be stabilized
before the freeze on February 27th.  Crossing my fingers on this one.

Warren