I was wondering why fedora has choosen yum over apt-get

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Sat Feb 14 17:58:30 UTC 2004

> Put the path in DNS too or a defined short form
>
> then its query fedora-2-test1.foobar.org txt
>
> > Is there a good place to look for how the dns txt information is being
> > more commonly used?
>
> Rendezvous  (DNS-SD)
> 	http://www.zeroconf.org/Rendezvous/txtrecords.html
>
> RFC1464 (overview)
>
> DNS RBL (txt records explain why the block exists)

This sounds cool, though I must admit the involvement with someone's dns
admin will have to be a lot greater. You'd have to update this data any
time a package changed.

Would you be willing to come up with a spec on how you think apt/yum/
up2date/redcarpet/etc should access this data? I'm going to have to
admit being a bit intimidated by the complexities here.

-sv