Firefox as default browser in Fedora

Luciano Miguel Ferreira Rocha strange at nsk.no-ip.org
Sat Feb 14 22:09:18 UTC 2004

On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 01:45:24PM -0800, Vincent wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-02-14 at 10:43, Mark Derricutt wrote:
> > On Sat, 2004-02-14 at 12:15, Vincent wrote:
> >
> > > If they did it by default that would mean they support it, which is not
> > > true.
> >
> > Ages ago I was thinking having all these known "certified" 3rd party
> > repositories included in the main yum.conf from core, but dissabled,
> > with a GUI config program that enabled/disabled the other repositories.
> >
> > Then, a new user could simply be told "run package-config and enable
> > Planet CCRMA, then install xxxxx like this".
> >

> In a way that holds true. Go to the Fedora FAQ, download the yum.conf
> and uncomment [livna-stable] and [dag] repositories. then yum -y install
> foo-plugin etc. This seems easier to me than going though a wizard, I
> don't see what all the noise is about.

I'd be more happy if that information, or a link to the FAQ, was available
at installation time. I haven't gone through an installatation lately so I
don't know if there's such an info on FC installs.

I'd be even more happy for the wizard. Not for me, as I don't even use
gnome, but for those new to the distribution.

But I didn't intend on making noise, so I'll just shut up.

Regards,
Luciano Rocha