XFree86: New via driver with DRI

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Sun Feb 15 20:25:19 UTC 2004

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004, Alexandre Strube wrote:

>> I have updated the "via" video driver in XFree86-4.3.0-56 in
>> rawhide with Alan Cox's latest driver.  The new driver has DRI
>> support however a typo in the spec file caused the DRI driver not
>> to get built in 4.3.0-56, so only the new 2D driver is present in
>> this build.
>
>Hi Mike,
>
>this driver has nothing to do with savage one, right? That one for via
>ple and kle boards... If not, are there any plans to put the via/s3 open
>source one on FC2? I remember some people was porting it to xfree 4.3
>and the newer mesa, but didn't see anything about it for quite some
>time...

This is the driver named "via" for VIA EPIA onboard video
chipsets.  Fedora Core 1 had an earlier version of this driver in
it already, however the new version is one that Alan Cox has been
working on, which has DRI support.  The 4.3.0-56 build however is
missing the DRI 3D module due to a typo I made in the spec file.

XFree86-4.3.0-57 should fix that, however our buildsystem is
undergoing a massive rebuild of the entire OS right now and all
buildmachines are unavailable to me, so unfortunately people will
have to wait a few days now probably.  ;o(