include php-imap in FC2 (bug #115535)

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Feb 16 16:43:28 UTC 2004

Am Mo, den 16.02.2004 schrieb John Dennis um 17:32:
> On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 10:26, Alexandre wrote:

> > > Removing something without providing an alternative solution is not a
> > > good thing.
> >
> > This means that squirrelmail is going to me removed also... Hum... not
> > good.
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought squirrelmail depended on imap, not
> on some particular imap or its underlying library. FC2 will have cyrus
> imap and dovecot. Isn't this an alternative solution?

Each webmail application requires an IMAP/POP server. But how does
squirrelmail does contact the server? I thought squirrelmail is written
in PHP, just like Horde/IMP which I am using. Horde/IMP needs the
php-imap support to establish the connection to the server. I believe
Alexandre had that in mind too.

I do not need uw-imapd but php-imap.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2166.nptl
Sirendipity 17:39:10 up 1 day, 21:18, load average: 0.05, 0.12, 0.12
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]