ongoing quest for vmware on Fedora Core 1 with 2.6.1 kernel

Tony Grant tony at tgds.net
Mon Feb 16 21:27:03 UTC 2004

Le lun 16/02/2004 à 21:00, Warren Togami a écrit :

> >>Do not use Fedora's prebuilt kernels with 3.2.1
                                              ^^^^^
> I have total success running vmware workstation 4.0.5 within latest FC2
> after using vmware-any-any-update50.

vmware 4x does not run on the Epia-M CPU. That is why I run 3.2.1 which
works just fine for my daily needs.

I stopped working after 2.6.0xxx series kernels. I had dual boot
machines and 2.6.1 has all the VIA stuff I need for DVB-S and other Epia
specific tweeks are falling into place quite nicely.

What happened to /dev/mem between 2.6.0 and 2.6.1?

Cheers

Tony Grant

--
www.tgds.net Library management software toolkit