RFC: fedora.us bugzilla keywords

Michael Schwendt ms-nospam-0306 at arcor.de
Wed Feb 18 04:05:39 UTC 2004

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 22:26:44 +0200, Ville Skyttä wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 20:37, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>
> > > I just QA'd a package and tried out giving
> > > it a first-review attachment.  I think it's significantly different than
> > > the current approach and marginally more work.
> >
> > Thanks for trying! I've noticed, too, that creating an attachment and
> > changing the bugzilla keywords line are separate steps. And someone who
> > submitted the second-review would need three steps (attach, change status,
> > change keywords).  Personally, I wouldn't mind the extra step for setting
> > the attachment status. But that's why feedback is needed.
>
> But keep in mind that assuming the package _submission_ is the
> attachment (which I suggested earlier), reviews would not (need to) be.
> Editing the submission attachment and adding the review as the
> clearsigned comment in the attachment status modification can be done
> with one form submission.  The possibly resulting PUBLISH keyword
> requires another one though.

You mean to paste a clearsigned review into _that_ small window in the
"Edit attachment" screen? Well, let's hope that this would not give people
headaches about invalidated signatures again. I still like attachment
statuses though. It just starts to make the package submission process
more strict, which is not a good thing. Maybe another keyword has not
been a bad idea afterall.