Closing bugs UPSTREAM

Leonard den Ottolander leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Sun Feb 22 12:56:51 UTC 2004

Hi Michel,

> But would not CURRENTRELEASE indicate that an update has been released
> by the distributor (Red Hat/Fedora) ? It's similar to RAWHIDE which
> indicate that the bug has been closed in the development tree.

Yup. That's why I suggested to leave the bug open and close it as soon
as a gnome-panel update comes out, as it was fixed upstream and thus
will flow back into Fedora. But I understand from Mark that tracking
bugs in such a way is too time consuming to be worthwhile, at least in
his opinion.

It seems we have a slightly different interpretation of what the tag
UPSTREAM means, the difference being that I believe only bugs that are
not yet solved upstream should be closed as UPSTREAM.

Anyway, I am looking forward to the test update of gnome-panel :) .

Leonard.