RFC: Tripwire name change

Keith G. Robertson-Turner redhat-forums at genesis-x.nildram.co.uk
Sun Feb 22 17:23:37 UTC 2004

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 12:03:02 -0500, Mike A. Harris wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Feb 2004, Michael Schwendt wrote:

>>What is this? First episode of "Battle of the Packages"?
>
> I don't purport that it is a /good/ solution, but it is an
> alternative nonetheless.  Another alternative, is to have the
> tripwire package "Require: bugzuki" (bugzuki is a commandline
> based bugzilla frontend client which uses XMLRPC).  Then you
> could have the tripwire package installation automatically detect
> if specspo contains the bad tripwire entries and have it
> automatically file a bug report via XMLRPC into bugzilla.

Eegads ... 20 pages of "bug #12345 is a duplicate of bug #34567"

I'll finish up a minor change to the spec (%description), build, publish
(local), announce, and then go file a buggyzilla about specspo ... one to
add to the list.

Then I'm taking at least a weeks break from Tripwire.

If you need me, I'll be sleeping.

-
K.