Closing bugs UPSTREAM

Leonard den Ottolander leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Sun Feb 22 19:20:41 UTC 2004

Hi Mark,

> > Hi Marc,
>
> 	Its Mark.

Oops. Sorry for that. Must have been the Mc that confused me :) .

> > Closing bugs as UPSTREAM is ambiguous if you close both bugs that are
> > fixed and not yet fixed upstream.
>
> 	I don't understand. Why is it ambiguous? Why does it matter?

Because if you also tag already fixed bugs as UPSTREAM it is unclear
that they actually got fixed in the distribution. Which is what will
happen with #114498 as soon as the update to gnome-panel-2.4.2 has
happened. Since this issue will be fixed so soon I felt it to be
unnecessary to close that particular bug as UPSTREAM at this time. Had
it happened two months ago it would have been different.

I'll leave it at this for this thread. I get the feeling this thread
gets somewhat Babylonian.

Leonard.