anybody notice fetchmail in daemon/poll mode doesn't seem to work?

Tim Daly daly at rio.sci.ccny.cuny.edu
Tue Feb 24 01:38:58 UTC 2004

> A few weeks ago, I updated fetchmail to devel-list, and ever since, my
> fetchmail configuration no longer functions properly in daemon mode.

This is probably off-topic for this list as it is likely a problem
in fetchmail rather than an FC2 problem.

I have seen similar behavior with fetchmail.
The problem started when the partition filled up.
Freeing up space on the partition did not solve the problem.
Fetchmail was in a partial state that was not recovered by restart.
It appears that it read some of the waiting POP mail but not all.
Then it wouldn't re-read the mail.
The solution was to telnet to port 110 at my POP host and dele the mail.
Fetchmail is then restarted and works fine.

Tim Daly
axiom at tenkan.org
daly at idsi.net