Kernel lockup problems

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn d.jacobfeuerborn at conversis.de
Tue Feb 24 16:29:33 UTC 2004

Hi,
I have been running the kernel-2.6.1-1.65 package on my Fedora Core 1
box now for quite a while without any problems but yesterday I updated
to kernel-2.6.3-1.97 and since then my machine keeps locking up after
roughly 30-60 minutes. Since I have an nforce2 based board and read on
the lkml that there have been problems with nforce and apic combinations
I also tried using the noapic option but that didn't help. I'm going to
try the new 1.100 package now but what is the proper way to find out
what the problem is in this case? Right now I'm not running any
proprietary kernel modules so I don't have any idea what might cause
this problem.

Regards,
   Dennis