yum rpms in os and stable

Jeff Kowing jeffrey.d.kowing at nasa.gov
Tue Feb 24 17:00:20 UTC 2004

I'm confused as to why at fedora.us there is a
http://download.fedora.us/fedora/fedora/1/i386/RPMS.os/yum-2.0.4-2.noarch.rpm

and a
http://download.fedora.us/fedora/fedora/1/i386/RPMS.stable/yum-2.0.3-0.fdr.1.1.noarch.rpm

How did that happen?  I understood the fedora.us package naming
guidelines to mean that the "0.fdr" portion of the release tag
indicates that the yum package is not in the core distribution, but
clearly yum-2.0.4-2.noarch.rpm is in the core distribution.  Further,
since yum-2.0.4-2.noarch.rpm is in the core os repository, why is a
lower version, i.e. yum-2.0.3-0.fdr.1.1.noarch.rpm, even in the stable
repository?

Just curious and trying to learn.  Thanks.

--
Jeff Kowing <jeffrey.d.kowing at nasa.gov>
All opinions expressed are my own and not of my employer.