rpm2html (was: Re: Prelink success story :))

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Thu Feb 26 20:37:53 UTC 2004

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:45:17 +0100 (CET), Dag Wieers wrote:
>
> > 	3] I don't rely on QA people as I'd rather automate and assume a
> > 	   QA person has better things to do.
>
> Packagers should not "rely on" QA. But often a second pair of eyes
> helps.

I didn't say a QA person wouldn't be useful, did I ?
Rather that we do things in such a way that it prevents extra QA, if it
fails it fails with the packager and not a couple of hours/days later when
it gets QA'd. I don't like switching context.

> Let me add my bit of QA: please fix your rpm2html package.
> You don't know what's wrong? Then get inspiration here:

I don't know what's wrong except that I have an older version and missing
BuildRequires (which I don't think matters that much).

The new version builds without any modification to the spec and I really
don't see what QA has to do with it. If there's something I missed I'm
sure you would tell me.

So thanks for letting me know there's a newer version. I should really
script something that helps me find newer versions automatically.

PS You don't need the CFLAGS="-O2" (anymore?), the %makeinstall
macro works too and I would %config(noreplace) the config-file.

Kind regards,