rpm2html (was: Re: Prelink success story :))

Michael Schwendt ms-nospam-0306 at arcor.de
Thu Feb 26 20:50:16 UTC 2004

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 21:37:53 +0100 (CET), Dag Wieers wrote:

> > Let me add my bit of QA: please fix your rpm2html package.
> > You don't know what's wrong? Then get inspiration here:
>
> I don't know what's wrong except that I have an older version and missing
> BuildRequires (which I don't think matters that much).

Your %install section is completely broken in the for-loop, for instance.
Most likely because you've taken over the spec from somewhere without
reviewing it.

> PS You don't need the CFLAGS="-O2" (anymore?),

It is used deliberately, because more optflags break rpm2html and make it
segfault real badly.

> the %makeinstall macro works too

Sure, but DESTDIR= install is the de facto standard and works in this
case, too.

> and I would %config(noreplace) the config-file.

I disagree. It is an example only, and rpm2html power-users would run
rpm2html with separate config files and as non-root anyway. YMMV.