Prelink success story :)

Michael Schwendt ms-nospam-0306 at arcor.de
Thu Feb 26 21:07:57 UTC 2004

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 21:48:55 +0100 (CET), Dag Wieers wrote:

> If the biggest hurdle to QA is lack of common sense I don't see why
> a non-mandatory rule is still in there.

Because the list doesn't say anywhere that it would be a list of mandatory
items.

> Especially if you can't do
> something wrong when both of 2 choices are allowed.

Do you see anything more serious in the list that ought to be changed? Or
do we spend dozens of messages on just $RPM_BUILD_ROOT vs. %buildroot? The
explanation, why $RPM_BUILD_ROOT is suggested, is linked in the
checklist. Everybody can read where it comes from and judge by himself
whether %buildroot might be killed without warning.

> Do you still wonder why I care less ?

No, I don't understand why you feel the need to discuss minor things like
this and make a mountain out of a molehill. If not RPM_BUILD_ROOT, I'm
sure you would find something else. I mean, even if someone modified the
checklist today, you would not contribute any packages to fedora.us,
because you're entirely happy with your own repository and full control
over your own releases. Am I wrong?