CURRENTRELEASE versus NEXTRELEASE

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Thu Feb 26 21:32:22 UTC 2004

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004, Dave Jones wrote:

>Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 13:03:35 +0000
>From: Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com>
>To: fedora-devel-list at redhat.com
>Subject: Re: CURRENTRELEASE versus NEXTRELEASE
>
>On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 12:42, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am uncertain about the use of the tag NEXTRELEASE in bugzilla. How
>> should an issue be closed if it was reported for RHL 8.0, but does not
>> exist in FC 1? NEXTRELEASE or CURRENTRELEASE?
>
>CURRENTRELEASE is FC1
>NEXTRELEASE is FC2.

Generally we close bugs that are fixed in the Fedora Core
development tree as "RAWHIDE", however "NEXTRELEASE" is probably
just as valid, but not used as often.  The main difference
between the "RAWHIDE" and "NEXTRELEASE" closures, is that closing
a RHEL 3 bug as "RAWHIDE" doesn't make sense IMHO, whereas
"NEXTRELEASE" for RHEL3 bugs, means "will be fixed in RHEL4".

For Fedora Core, both are more or less synonyms IMHO, however
that's my own personal interpretation, not official policy of any
sort.