ARGOX Label printers

Alexandre Strube surak at casa.surak.eti.br
Thu Feb 26 21:45:44 UTC 2004

This nice label printers don't have any available driver for fedora...
in fact, they don't have any driver at all in cups.
Just filled a bugzilla on cups:
http://cups.org/str.php?L600+P0+S0+C0+I0+E0+Q

Should I fill it on redhat's bugzilla also?

Here are those little beasts:
http://www.argox.com.cn/
http://www.argox.com

By the way, the lead the label printer market on Asia and South America,
and most of those printers (even other brands) seems to share a common
printer language, called PPLA and PPLB. I have access to the windows CD,
which contains PPLA and PPLB language description... In case this
interest someone.

Anyway, it was sad to swith 60 machines back to windows (these machines
are being used in events, like scientific meetings, government stuff,
etc, to identificate participants) just because of a printer driver...

I'll crosspost this message to fedora-list just in case someone has a
alternative solution for me.
--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group