latest update

Ismael Juma ijuma82 at f2s.com
Fri Feb 27 00:00:38 UTC 2004

Richard Hally wrote:

>I've been having very inconsistent
>results using yum. For example, it tells me "no packages available for
>update" when I know there are packages to update.
>If I try it with just download.fedora.Redhat.com the failover method
>sometimes fails, when I try it with several mirrors in addition to
>download.fedora.Redhat.com sometimes it works and some times it doesn't.

AFAIK, the behaviour described above is usually a result of the time it
takes for the mirrors to get in sync with the download.fedora.redhat.com
server. I suggest either waiting for the mirror to get updated, or to
choose a mirror that gets updated more frequently. Downloading directly
from the download.fedora.redhat.com is usually not worth it because it
is extremely slow.

Regards,
Ismael