Macros in Source fields (was: Re: Prelink success story :))

Toshio toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Fri Feb 27 01:20:41 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 19:20, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> Macros in URLs simply don't work. If you want macros in Source tags,
> cut off everything up to the file name like

I'm not sure I understand your first statement.  Everything else you say
makes sense.  I'm just not making the last simple leap into
enlightenment here.  I guess I don't understand in what sense you mean
"don't work".  Sure your example Source: <URL> was ugly but is that the
extent of the complaint or is there something further?

> Also note that only the expanded file name will appear in the RPM header,
> not the URL prefix.

Some simple testing shows that this is true whether or not macros are
used in the Source: line.  So your point is that using a URL in a Source
line is purely for the benefit of the QA'er/packager anyhow?

-Toshio

--
Toshio <toshio at tiki-lounge.com>