CURRENTRELEASE versus NEXTRELEASE

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Fri Feb 27 07:04:27 UTC 2004

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:

>Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 20:00:19 +0700
>From: Michel Alexandre Salim <salimma at fastmail.fm>
>To: fedora-devel-list at redhat.com
>Subject: Re: CURRENTRELEASE versus NEXTRELEASE
>
>On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 13:42 +0100, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am uncertain about the use of the tag NEXTRELEASE in bugzilla. How
>> should an issue be closed if it was reported for RHL 8.0, but does not
>> exist in FC 1? NEXTRELEASE or CURRENTRELEASE?
>>
>Probably CURRENTRELEASE, since FC1 is the currently available release.
>Not to sure what the difference between NEXTRELEASE and RAWHIDE though.

RAWHIDE used to be for Red Hat Linux releases, then for Fedora
Core releases.  We did not have a way of indicating for Red Hat
Enterprise Linux the same thing though.  NEXTRELEASE is a generic
version of "RAWHIDE" which is in context to the OS product it
pertains to.  So for Red Hat Enterprise Linux bugs closed as
"NEXTRELEASE", they will be fixed in the next version of Red Hat
Enterprise Linux.  For Fedora Core 1 bugs closed NEXTRELEASE,
they will be fixed in the next version of Fedora Core, which is
essentially the same as the RAWHIDE resolution.

That's my understanding of it anyway.  Someone else at Red Hat
will correct me if I'm wrong and they know better.