Fedora Core 2 Test 2 - delayed

Leonard den Ottolander leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Fri Feb 27 12:54:06 UTC 2004

Hello Bill,

> We're encountering various issues that are causing us to delay
> the release of test2. We'd like to get as much exposure to SELinux
> as possible, and this means shipping test2 with SELinux in
> enforcing mode. However, there are still some subsystems that
> aren't quite ready for this, so we need to slide the release
> date some.

Good. I can see this SELinux stuff needs a lot of testing before it is
ready for prime time. Some user education on how to use this is also
welcome, as you wouldn't want large amounts of users to lock themselves
out of their own systems once this gets released. Personally I wouldn't
mind the final only to come out somewhere around the 31st of June.

How well scrutinized is this NSA code actually? Everybody can see they
won't slip in an obvious backdoor, but how about nasty little overflows,
tucked away deep inside the code, for which they already have exploits
in their drawer?

Leonard.