Fedora Core 2 Test 2 - delayed

John Ellson ellson at research.att.com
Fri Feb 27 20:34:48 UTC 2004

Stephen Smalley wrote:

>On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 13:56, John Ellson wrote:
>

>>Booting with selinux=0 is working well for me.
>>
>>Are there any special steps to be taken when removing selinux=0, i.e. when
>>I'm ready to try selinux again?
>>

>You'll need to relabel your filesystems. Install policy-sources, cd
>/etc/security/selinux/src/policy && make relabel.  Not sure about the
>corresponding rpm file contexts state.

Thanks for your reponse.

Do I do that before or after rebooting with selinux enabled?

If after, do I log in as a conventional root user, or do I need a
different login procedure?

What are "corresponding rpm file contexts state" ?     What should I
look for?

>>There are some unreadable instructions that scroll by in boot messages
>>to the console, then disappear with the login prompt, that I fear might be
>>telling me something important???
>>

>dmesg is your friend.

I know about dmesg, but these messages are not recorded in dmesg, nor in
/var/log/messages.

John