up2date, system-config-packages and synaptic

David Wagoner dpw2atox at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 29 16:30:16 UTC 2004

My question here is why is the fedora team wasting so
much time developing up2date and
system-config-packages when synaptic is already an
excellent replacement. Even though it uses apt, worst
case would be to get the latest source and code in
support for yum then. I have had nothing but problems
with up2date. I have had packages fail to install and
yet appear to be installed as far as up2date is
concerned, system-config-packages though its getting
better still has a ways to go before it has the
features that synaptic has. If the developers choose
to continue to use up2date and system-config-packages,
I will continue to use the products during the rest of
the test phase but when Fedora Core 2 is released I
plan on switching to synaptic. Synaptic is full of
features, stable and fast. I look foward to seeing
what everyone has to say on this subject.