Fedora Core 2 Distribution Size

Jon Atkinson jonathana at cleanstick.org
Sat Jan 3 19:24:47 UTC 2004

I think therefore it might be a good idea to make this more prominent
then. On the download page (http://fedora.redhat.com/download/#boot) the
diskette images are mentioned, but maybe a few small changes should be
made, to explain to users the _advantages_ of using diskette images. I
think the fact this feature and installation method exists should be
trumpeted to users as loudly as possible; surely the bandwidth savings
(for both redhat.com and its mirrors) would be fairly large. I don't see
any disadvantages to this, unless I'm missing something obvious in which
case I await correction ;-)

As an aside, does anyone have access to the download statistics for the
images? I'd be interested to see a few figures :-)

--Jon Atkinson