RHL9/FC1 USB storage 3 (110872)

Pete Zaitcev zaitcev at redhat.com
Tue Jan 6 00:27:08 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 06:19:02PM -0500, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 05:08:06PM -0500, Pete Zaitcev wrote:
> > It is not in upstream, although it seems clear like day to me.
> > In fact, I ask you to take it regardless of Matt Dharm's approval.
>
> Are there any patches worth trying for the uniprocessor USB storage write hangs
> btw ?

Assuming 2.4, I do not know of any. Everything I fixed was a
disconnect racing. OTOH if your write causes a disconnect,
that may at least fix the hang (won't fix the failed write).
It can be checked by running with 'echo 8 >/proc/sys/kernel/printk'
and on text VT. If there's a disconnect message, try the today's
update DaveJ mentioned. Otherwise, send me symptoms off-list.
I'll see what I can do about it.

SCT reported hard hangs when a camera lost power, I thought
these patches might help. I didn't hear from him in a while though.

-- Pete