Fedora Extras (was: Re: RPM submission procedure)

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Thu Jan 8 10:11:05 UTC 2004

Eric S. Raymond wrote :

> But I just got told twice that the Extras repository does not yet exist!

...and this is IMHO the biggest issue ATM. Once the minimal infrastructure
shows up, it'll hopefully start moving forward real fast. But in the
meantime, things are a bit opaque over at Red Hat and the result is that
flame wars like this one still pop up from time to time.

I will not add anything to the thread. I just want to say that I'm
impatiently waiting for Extras to exist at last. I really think it can
bring all efforts together again if done the right way.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) - Linux kernel 2.4.22-1.2138.nptl
Load : 1.25 1.05 1.00