rawhide report: 20040115 changes

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Sun Jan 18 02:54:00 UTC 2004

On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 11:21:01PM -0300, Alexandre Strube wrote:
> What, NSA trying to protect our computer's privacy? Or opening it easier
> to them? They don't look like the kind of organization which loves
> people's privacy. This SELinux stuff is all weird to me.

One of the beauties of Open Source.

The NSA is charged with several things including protecting the USA from
bad stuff. Nobody would trust the NSA code apart from the fact that being
open lots of other people (including foreign NSA equivalents) have been
looking over it. If the NSA have backdoored it then it would have to be
very well hidden, and its probably much more likely they backdoored
the x86 silicon instead.

Alan