2.6.1 kernel question

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Fri Jan 23 03:24:15 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 07:41, Michael K. Johnson wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 12:00:10AM -0800, Alan wrote:
> > ALSA took a slight bit of hacking, but is working. I noticed that the
> > arjan version has the OSS modules built as well.  I kind of like having
> > the OSS modules not built since it forced me to configure correctly.
>
> Yup!  :-)
>
> Arjan will be turning OSS off as well -- the only way to find out
> what is broken with ALSA is not to have OSS turned on; then bugs
> in ALSA will get reported.  If folks have the option of easily
> just reverting to OSS, we won't hear about the bugs and we'll
> never be able to transition...

What is broken is configuration and/or converting from OSS to ALSA.

Also, none of the ALSA tools appear to be showing up on the menues.  (Or
maybe I have not loaded enough stuff from the devel tree yet.)

--
"Push that big, big granite sphere way up there from way down here!
Gasp and sweat and pant and wheeze! Uh-oh! Feel momentum cease!