FC development install feedback

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Tue Jan 27 18:14:52 UTC 2004

Matthias Saou wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Well, I just installed today's FC development on a new Dell Inspiron 8600
> laptop. Here are a few issues I've encountered :
>
> - firstboot can't run, unable to load rootpassword python module (*)
> - vim can't run, unable to load libperl.so (/bin/vi does work)

cp -a /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.1 /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.2 as a workaround

> - I get plenty of weird messages on the first VT (selinux?)
> - starting the cpuspeed service fails : scaling_governor in /sys not found

I saw this too.  Would it be proper to patch the cpuspeed script to
auto-detect the right cpuspeed module based upon your processor and load
it at this point?

What about non-laptops?  It wouldn't be good if those users see FAILED
during bootup.

> - login through gdm fails, SELinux context failed
>
> Now I've got lots of funky stuff to solve with my video card (very recent
> ATI) and find how to disable SELinux for now :-)

selinux=0