rawhide report: 20040128 changes

Kristof vansant de_lupus at pandora.be
Wed Jan 28 21:26:38 UTC 2004

To me it doesn't matter how many programme's there are for the same task
as long fedora only installs one by default and as long the programma's
can read each others formats.

I was wondering how good .doc and .xls support is in abiword and
gnumeric. It's the primary reason I'm using openoffice. I must be able
to exchange data with MS office users.

On wo, 2004-01-28 at 14:58 -0500, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 09:26:51AM -1000, Warren Togami wrote:
> > >Is this going away for good? I hope not. I find I much prefer
> > >abiword/gnumeric to openoffice.
> > >
> > IMHO, abiword really belongs in Extras.
>
> It depends on the target. Now xfce is in abiword definitely belongs with
> it because its finally a set of stuff useful on machines without 1.5GHz
> processors and 512Mb of RAM.
>
> Its less of an issue than gnumeric imho because abiword isnt vastly
> superior in other ways, while openoffice spreadsheet is a toy compared
> with gnumeric
>

> --
lupus  (Kristof Vansant Belgium)