VIA EPIA-M + 2.6.0 + Fedora Core 1

Tony Grant tony at tgds.net
Thu Jan 1 18:33:48 UTC 2004

Le jeu 01/01/2004 à 18:53, Alan Cox a écrit :
> On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 06:30:49PM +0100, Tony Grant wrote:
> > 1. I was burned by module loading. How do I get modules to load? By
> > modifying /etc/rc.sysinit? At the moment I am loading sound and usb by
> > hand... The system is still trying to load HID at boot - where is it
> > reading that from? I have all the new module tools and converted etc.
> > etc. Modules are a mess and the man pages are of no help until they are
> > updated.
>
> You need the new module utils. Those include a conversion script.

Like the module-init-tools-3.0-pre3 I have installed? =;-p

The conversion isn't plug'n play and isn't very well documented for
Fedora and we lower beings Sir!

At boot Fedora tries to load viaudiocombo which is long gone an replaced
by alsa. Methinks it is reading the wrong file someplace...

Cheers
Tony Grant

--
www.tgds.net Library management software toolkit