some suggestions for xmms plugins

Wayne Schuller k_wayne at linuxpower.org
Thu Jan 1 23:45:45 UTC 2004

hi,

There are a number of good xmms input plugins which I would like to
suggest for FC2.

They are xmms-flac (available at freshrpms) and
xmms-speex (http://jzb.rapanden.dk/projects/speex-xmms)

These would allows FC users to use good patent-happy compression
techniques out of the box.

flac is an excellent lossless compression.
speex is an excellent speech compression. It is useful to have the xmms
plugin for conferences that store their talks in this format.

both plugins (and their source libraries) are available as free
software. I have been using both and they are very stable.

thanks,
wayne
--
Wayne Schuller <k_wayne at linuxpower.org>