Proposal: Discourage rpmbuild --sign

Toshio toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Fri Jan 2 01:47:08 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2003-12-31 at 20:25, Alan Cox wrote:

> For FC2 the whole "root" thing is irrelevant. Something like a default configuration
> to not build as root might be a good idea for FC1 but thats the past (and I'd do it
> that way - a default config which told you what option to override it).

Does anyone have some links or thoughts on what user visible changes
will occur under Fedora-SELinux for the following classes of people:
1) End Users
2) Packagers
3) System Administrators
4) Single user system admins/users (maybe kinda rolled in with 1 & 3)

I've scanned a few FAQs and NSA papers now, but I get the impression
that SELinux does not define policy, its a framework that allows the
distributor/sys admin to define policy.  What will our policies be?  How
will they affect our day to day operations?

-Toshio
--
Toshio <toshio at tiki-lounge.com>