VIA EPIA-M + 2.6.0 + Fedora Core 1

Tony Grant tony at tgds.net
Fri Jan 2 10:46:42 UTC 2004

Le jeu 01/01/2004 à 18:53, Alan Cox a écrit :
> On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 06:30:49PM +0100, Tony Grant wrote:
> > 1. I was burned by module loading. How do I get modules to load? By
> > modifying /etc/rc.sysinit? At the moment I am loading sound and usb by
> > hand... The system is still trying to load HID at boot - where is it
> > reading that from? I have all the new module tools and converted etc.
> > etc. Modules are a mess and the man pages are of no help until they are
> > updated.
>
> You need the new module utils. Those include a conversion script.

I finally managed to get USB loading at boot on my hush Epia-M system.

http://thomer.com/linux/migrate-to-2.6.html got me started but I had to
change /proc/devices to /sys/devices in rc.sysinit. Don't ask me why...
but USB is loading at boot now.

Will now move on to getting Andrew Howlett and Ivor Hewitt stuff
running.

Cheers

Tony Grant

--