install fedora on a powerbook g4 667

k1n6w4r3z k1n6w4r3z at softhome.net
Fri Jan 2 18:20:21 UTC 2004

>You will probably have to install something like YellowDog (which is
>also RPM-based) and then start replacing packages with those from the
>Fedora project.  There are a few key packages missing from the PowerPC
>Fedora build which currently makes installing Fedora directly impossible.
>
>I bought YellowDog 3.1 and then installed Fedora development on top of it.
>This works nicely.

Do you mean that i have to do a minimal installation of yellowdog then
get all the rpms an do rpm -ivh --force --nodeps * in the folder that
contains the fedora rpms?

P.s. do u think that i can try to copy the first cd of yellowdog on my
disk, replace yellowdog' s rpms with fedora' s one and then burn it back
on a ccd or a dvd?

Tks
Fra