Ouch: Fedora Core 1 bug in anaconda

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Sat Jan 3 16:28:57 UTC 2004

Hi,

I had some trouble with installing Fedora Core 1 on a machine. I just
finished upgrading some others and went through partitioning and package
selection the manual way (as usual).

It then did bug me with python errors and aborted installation. I saved it
to disk and it reads like:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/gui.py", line 1047, in handleRenderCallback
    self.currentWindow.renderCallback()
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/iw/progress_gui.py", line 242, in renderCallback
    self.intf.icw.nextClicked()
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/gui.py", line 766, in nextClicked
    self.dispatch.gotoNext()
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 168, in gotoNext
    self.moveStep()
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 236, in moveStep
    rc = apply(func, self.bindArgs(args))
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/packages.py", line 656, in doPreInstall
    method.mergeFullHeaders(id.grpset.hdrlist)
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/image.py", line 102, in mergeFullHeaders
    hdlist.mergeFullHeaders("%s/%s/base/hdlist2" % (self.tree, productPath))
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/hdrlist.py", line 333, in mergeFullHeaders
    rpm.mergeHeaderListFromFD(self.hdlist, fd, 1000004)
IndexError: list index out of range

If anyone wants a full copy of the fileanacdump.txt please let me know.

Hugo.

    hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.