2.6 kernel on devel

nathan r. hruby nhruby at uga.edu
Sun Jan 4 15:47:46 UTC 2004

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004, Peter Robinson wrote:

> Also upgraded to the latest 2.6.0-1.23 but I've got problems with a
> kernel panic when trying to mount the root fs with a "VFS cannot open
> root dev "LABEL=/" or unknown-block(0,0)" error. Its a 9G SCSI disk on a
> AIC7xxx controller.

I have a similar setup (boot device on aic7xxx) with rh9 and am using
arjan's kernels and get the same deal.  Haven't even bothered to look into
yet.  Did you try to rebuild the initrd?

-n
nathan hruby <nhruby at uga.edu>
uga enterprise information technology services
production systems support
metaphysically wrinkle-free