Fedora Core 2 Distribution Size - The separated OS

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Mon Jan 5 12:50:11 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 01:43:34PM +0100, Thomas Munck Steenholdt wrote:
> The only point, as I see it, is the matter of media, which IMHO should be
> solved by providing a DVD .iso file in addition to the CD .isos... One disc
> for everything!!!

Someone posted a script to generate a DVD iso from the others I believe.

There are good reasons for trying to get a base setup down to 1 or 2 CD's (and for
workstation with basic languages it is btw in FC1). Firstly if you have a really dodgy
CD drive then doing a minimal install of CD then using yum to pull the rest off another
box is a lifesaver. Secondly for plenty of people 3 CD's is a lot of date, and a great
way to exceed broadband limits in many places if they have broadband.

Alan