include much needed antivirus products in FC2

Thomas Munck Steenholdt tmus at get2net.dk
Mon Jan 5 13:01:24 UTC 2004

Hi...

Does anyone have an oppinion in relation to adding some antivirus features
into
FC2???

I think we are badly in need of a generel purpose virus scanner that will
allow scheduled scans (possible on-access) and fast e-mail content scanning.

What I have in mind personally would be something like :

- ClamAV (which looks very promising)
- amavisd-new (or similar that would allow checking of mail going through
sendmail and postfix)

The products should probably be suitable to work with either of out
current MTA
implementations available (sendmail/postfix).

There is already a bug reported on this (#82017) but it doesn't seem very
active. Check it out!

Please share your experiences and ideas!

Thomas