include much needed antivirus products in FC2

Thomas M Steenholdt tmus at get2net.dk
Mon Jan 5 17:13:31 UTC 2004

Michael Schwendt wrote:

>On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 14:01:24 +0100 (CET), Thomas Munck Steenholdt wrote:
>

>>Does anyone have an oppinion in relation to adding some antivirus features
>>into FC2???
>>
>>I think we are badly in need of a generel purpose virus scanner that will
>>allow scheduled scans (possible on-access) and fast e-mail content scanning.
>>
>>What I have in mind personally would be something like :
>>
>>- ClamAV (which looks very promising)
>>

>What's wrong about providing such tools in Fedora Extras?
>There are packages available at http://fedora.us

Essentially - Core components should be contained in the core
distribution and I think that, antivirus
should be considered a core component, as you really need some kind of
virus defence on any server,
that serves either mail or file services to clients... Just like
spamassassin is included in the core!

Also, until the  "extras" goes "live" for real, I (perhaps out of
ignorance)  don't feel that confident (please
comment on this) with the fedora.us packages as the download.fedora.com
ones?!?

Thomas