include much needed antivirus products in FC2

Adam Debus rhl at reachone.com
Mon Jan 5 17:55:15 UTC 2004

> Then you're inappropriately increasing the load on a central machine
> rather than decentralizing scanning to the desktop windows machine,
> where it belongs.

Perhaps...but in 4 years of working at an ISP, I've discovered that most
users do not install it no matter how many times you tell them that it's a
good idea. I've got users I end up disconnecting and blocking from the 'net
about once a week. Corporate LAN support wasn't much better.

It doesn't add that much more load, and the benifits of having the mail
scanned before it hits an end users machine greatly outweighs the cost of
purchasing an additional processor, or a faster processor. That is, of
course, assuming you're using the mail server for more then 10 people. If
you're not, or you just don't want it, don't use the AV software.

Thanks,

Adam Debus
Network Engineer, ReachONE Internet
adam at reachone.com