include much needed antivirus products in FC2

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Mon Jan 5 20:17:31 UTC 2004

Thomas M Steenholdt wrote:
> Essentially - Core components should be contained in the core
> distribution and I think that, antivirus
> should be considered a core component, as you really need some kind of
> virus defence on any server,
> that serves either mail or file services to clients... Just like
> spamassassin is included in the core!

Generally antivirus is only a concern for protecting non-Linux hosts.
For that reason most Linux users have little need for it, and I really
don't feel it should go in the core.  You really want Core to become 4
or 5 CD's?

Instead Fedora server documentation can say "install clamav-this and
clamav-that from Extras".

> Also, until the  "extras" goes "live" for real, I (perhaps out of
> ignorance)  don't feel that confident (please
> comment on this) with the fedora.us packages as the download.fedora.com
> ones?!?

I can say with confidence that fedora.us Extras generally has very high
package quality.

Warren