include much needed antivirus products in FC2

Thomas M Steenholdt tmus at get2net.dk
Mon Jan 5 21:01:16 UTC 2004

Warren Togami wrote:

> Steven Pritchard wrote:
>
>> Given how much of a pain in the ass it is to get a package accepted
>> into the fedora.us repository, I think you can safely assume that the
>> packages that are there are good.  (Or at least have been beaten to
>> death by an appropriate number of knowledgeable people.  ;)
>>
>> Steve
>

> I especially like the "beaten to death" part. =)
>
> Warren

I guess it really doesn't matter where the different kinds of packages is
placed. As long as the packages are high quality and maintained in a
fashion so that you can rely on security bugs to be fixed and new versions
of the various packages to be made available quickly after such a fix.

I'm glad to hear that so many are feeling highly of the fedora.us packages
and I'll be off to try them out for myself right now.

Also a thing to try to follow through, would be, as stated somewhere, to
invent some sort of mechanism to determine if as package should be in
core or extras and then make sure all packages are moved around.
Perhaps that would save space on the core distro, perhaps it won't, but
it should at least provide a consistent fell across the entire fedora
platform

Thomas