include much needed antivirus products in FC2

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Tue Jan 6 00:49:13 UTC 2004

> AV scanning is an embarrasingly parallel problem, of course it scales. You might
> need a few more el cheapo pc engines thats all.

It's curious - but farming it out and still keeping mail delivery to a
reasonable time has not shown to have much success.

> I'll quote a former manager who shall remain nameless for his own safety,
> when we had similar arguments long ago...
>
> 	"They aren't paid to learn, they are paid to answer the phone"
>
> Think about it with a business hat on 8)

I think about it with a sysadmin hat on. And I work in academia. There
are those of us who give a crap about educating and making better users
out of what we have.

I make a point to not enable-users to pick up bad habits.

Viewing the world of the internet as something that someone else will
protect you from is one of those bad habits.

To quote a fictional character of the magical persuasion: CONSTANT
VIGILANCE!
:)
-sv