pine RPM and IPv6 for imapd

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Tue Jan 6 12:02:23 UTC 2004

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Antonio Querubin wrote:

> I noticed that although there's a UW imapd/ipopd RPM, there is no RPM for
> just pine or pico.  Is anybody working on one?  If so, I've got a patch to
> enable IPv6 client connections in pine which I've gotten to work on both
> Fedora and RH 9.  Otherwise I suppose I could produce an RPM.

You should read the FC release notes. Pine has been rm'd due to licensing issues.
Having said that Mike Harris has a set of pine rpms that will work with Fedora.
As I understand things though, the license that the UW programs are released under
does not allow you to modify the programs and redistribute them.

> And for whoever is maintaining the imapd RPM, this same patch (applied to
> the c-client) will also enable better IPv6 logging for the imapd and ipopd
> servers, and fix an SSL/IPv6 compatibility problem.

IIRC uw-imapd is also depreciated and likely to be dropped in a future release
due to the same licensing issues.

HTH,

Tom