include much needed antivirus products in FC2

Michael Schwendt ms-nospam-0306 at arcor.de
Tue Jan 6 23:02:12 UTC 2004

On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 22:47:25 +0100, Thomas M Steenholdt wrote:

> Axel Thimm wrote:
>

> > Have you tried the clamav packages from newprms?
> >
> >      http://newrpms.sunsite.dk/apt/redhat/en/i386/fc1/RPMS.newrpms/
> >
> > While everybody talks of newrpms as if it were a recreational repo it
> > has quite a lot of non-game pearls, too.
>
> Hey - Those too run straight after installation!
> (I realize again that the setup might not ber very useful for a lot of
> scenarios, but at least it's not just a pile of files waiting to be
> modified and rearranged)

As mentioned earlier, you express a subjective point of view.  Based on
your personal preference of not being willing to enable a clamav server by
copying a few example config files into place, you judge better about a
clamav daemon package which you can start right after package
installation. You don't care about security implications or flexibility.
If you wanted to configure a second daemon, you would be stuck. You don't
comment on server packages in Core either which need heavy configuration
before a service runs.