Official Alternative Fedora Core 1 iso images now available on bittorrent

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Tue Jan 6 23:59:37 UTC 2004

Thank you, Jef, for sending this message.  I figured I'd chime
in and say that Jef is right, this really is an official set,
and Jef's got the reasons right.

Furthermore, his suggestion that users stick with the 3-cd set
or the (full) DVD image is spot-on right.  It's out there for
publishers who have hard limitations on the number of media,
but it is restricted in what is on it and no one is particularly
happy with any set of cuts.  It has not gone through the same set
of testing that the full 3-cd set.  Jef's opinion may have been
unofficial when he stated it, but I'll put on my project leader
hat and make it clear that it is entirely congruent with official
opinion.

In regard to having a slimmed-down set at all, I re-iterate that
it was not done because it was considered to be optimal, but out
of necessity.  The reason that it is electronically available is
because it is important that Fedora Project content not be seen
or sensed to be proprietary in any way.  Concerns about overloading
mirrors was the only reason it wasn't out there before, and thanks
to Seth for working that issue out for us.

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/